Please sign in to post.

Christmas Day in Vienna

Hi,
I am planning on visiting the Schloss Shonbrunn palace on Christmas Day and take in a 4:00 pm (1600) performance of The Magic Flute at the marionette theater - at least I hope I am. I know some restaurants will be open but does anyone know what time they will be open for dinner? I would like to go to dinner after the show if possible. Thank you.

Posted by
8293 posts

When you say that you "know some restaurants will be open", do you know which ones? If so, contact them by phone or e-mail about their opening hours. If you don't know the restaurants it's hard for anyone here to answer your question. Unless, of curse, some Viennese restauranteurs are reading this thread.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks! I just figured out how to determine what district a place is so I will be able to find a restaurant near the palace to email.

Posted by
527 posts

Carrie, The better restaurants will be in district 1. There are some restaurants near Schonbrunn, but you will have a larger amount to choose from in the city center. Check to see if Cafe Weimar is open on Christamas day: http://www.cafeweimar.at/
It is near the Volksoper (not directly in the center) and you will find a more local flair there, with few tourists. It is often populated with many of the singers that perform at the Volksoper.