Please sign in to post.

Cell phones in France

What is the best way to have cell phone usage in France?

Posted by
66 posts

Depends what you want to use it for. As the previous poster suggests, in most cases a few euros on a Pay-As-You-Go SIM card will do you. You can get them at most large French supermarkets, as well as the operators' own shops. Ask the assistant to set it up for you. We use a supermarket own brand Pay-As-You-Go (Leclerc), another popular PAYG operator is NRJ (pronounced En-Air-Gee). Other main operators are SFR, Bouygues and Orange.

Posted by
180 posts

I bought an int'l cell phone that is pay as you use it - it's from mobal.com and very easy to use.

The phone itself is $49 and then you only pay for the minutes you use - no adding minutes, keeping up balances, etc..

go to www.mobal.com

Posted by
1449 posts

"best" can't be answered until you explain what you need the phone for. Regular calls to/from the States? To keep in touch with traveling companions while in France? An occasional call back home and as a way to get contacted in an emergency?

Posted by
64 posts

I spend 3 months in Paris, and just want a phone to keep in touch with my companion, more for security than conversation.