Please sign in to post.

car rental in provence

My sister and I are planning a trip to Pprovence in the fall and would like to rent a car in Avignon and then travel around Provence for a week.I know a week isn't long enough but that is all the time we have for this trip..Does anyone have any suggestions for rental car companies?Thanks so much

Posted by
355 posts

There are a number of rental agencies at the Avignon TGV Station, and they are all about the same. It's best to just shop around online and find out who has the best rate. When you're checking rates, just select Avignon TGV as your pick up and drop off location and compare the rates. I've used Avis, Hertz, Alamo and Europcar while traveling in Europe. I never found any difference in dealing with any one versus another. So, just pick the lowest rate... Have fun!

Posted by
10252 posts

Try AutoEurope.com. AutoEurope is a consolidator and they find the best prices amongst the rental car companies. They are based in Maine and you pay in US dollars before you go. They are easy to work with and if your plans change it is easy to cancel or change your reservation.

Posted by
250 posts

Another vote for autoeurope. Not sure what your flight plans are, but we found it convenient to fly into Marseille and pick up a car at the Hertz desk (through Autoeurope) right at the airport. We were staying in Arles and the drive was only 35-40 mins.

Posted by
19 posts

I've used Nova Car Hire, based in Ireland. Last trip I booked with AutoEurope. Service has been about the same only differing in price. Have fun.

Posted by
9 posts

Kathy, we used Europauto in September 2010 and it only cost just over $300 Cdn. for 1 week...make sure you get a GPS though, that sure helped. We had a VW Gulf, very comfy for the 3 of us and there is a gas station for easy fill up near the TGV on returning. We didn't use the "freeway" so didn't have to pay tolls and saw lots of beautiful countryside and towns on our travels. We did day trips to Nimes,Aix en Provence & Arles and if you can go to LasBas, a little off the beaten track from Arles but it is the coolest place. May I also recomend you take a wine tour... we did thru Celine @ degustation-levinalabouche.com it was one of our best days during our stay in Avignon.
Enjoy!