Please sign in to post.

Bus #350 from CDG to Gare de l'est, Paris

Hello! So I am determining the best and cost efficient way to get to/from the CDG airport to our hotel (more than likely the Hotel Jarry as the Hotel de Nevers seems to no longer be a fan favorite). ANYWAY, there is the train option, but that would require an additional metro ride, maybe two. The cost isn't a factor, just lugging luggage on on a train and two metros. I noticed on a Paris airport website (www.aeroportsdeparis.fr) that Bus 350 is an option to get from the airport to the city (straight to Gare de 'lest which is where our hotel is). I was a little confused because while the map shows that it stops at the terminals of CDG, the time table does not list these stops. I am thinking maybe the time table is just showing some key time points and not every stop. Just to make sure, has anyone taken this bus to the city?
Also, it only cost 3 transit tickets (so total of only 4,50 euro) but can one purchase these tickets at the airport to use enroute to the city? Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

A single t+ ticket costs €1.70. A ten-ticket carnet costs €12.70. Yes, you can buy tickets at the airport. A single ticket on the RER B & Metro from CDG to anywhere in central Paris costs €9.25.

Posted by
9110 posts

You've gotten confused by a mish-mash of semi-facts. The 350 bust stops at all the terminals including a couple places at T2. If that doesn't work close enough, the val gets you all around the airport. Depending on surface conditions and required stops, the bus can take a long time. The rer takes forty-five minutes, max. The 350 bus stops at Nord, Valenciennes, and La Fayette/Dunkerque. The latter two stops are within yards of being as close to Nord as they are to Est. You can walk from the front door of Nord to the front door of Est in five minutes or so. There are no changes going from CDG to Nord on the rer. The price difference between the train and the bus is about five euro per each. You can buy tickets for either at the airport. I got the bus stops from your link. I don't know the bus frequency. The rer runs every few minutes. I've never heard of either hotel, so don't know how their location/s fits into the scheme.

Posted by
712 posts

Thanks a lot Ed. I was confused, most importantly with the locations of the hotels. The first hotel (Hotel de Nevers) was the one that required a metro ride from Gard du Nord, but the one I am focusing on now (Hotel Jarry) is located "5 mins from Gard de Nord and 200 meters from Gare de l'Est" between the Est and Chateau d'Eau metro stops. So I suppose either scenario will get me within close proximity. If we're talking a 10 euro discount total between the bus and the train, I will probably take the bus and save my euros for a crepe :)

Posted by
9110 posts

Okay, if you're going to use the bus, it won't go down Valenciennes since it's a skinny street - - but that's going to be the closest stop. It's a short street, however, so the bus stop must be at either end. Both ends are about a five-minute walk from where google maps thinks the Jarry is. The front door of Nord is five minutes further away. Walking will be faster than changing buses (if that would even do any good). Walking would also be much faster (it would also have less walking) than than switching from the rer at Nord to the metro to Chateau d'Eau and walking back. If luggage is a really, really big problem: there's probably not a taxi rank at the bus stop, but there's one at Nord. A wild guess on the taxi fare would be about twelve euro.

Posted by
712 posts

So this bus does NOT stop at Gare de l'Est? - because Valenciennes is before Gare de l'Est and farther away from Rue Jarry, where the hotel is located. A 5 minute walking difference isn't a big deal but if there is a closer stop, I am all for it. Thanks so much for your help.

Posted by
9110 posts

I've never ridden the bus. I know the streets. I got the stops from your link. Est was not listed as a stop, but the title was something like how to get to/from Est and CDG. The furtherest point of Valenciennes is five minutes from Est so it kind of makes sense.

Posted by
10189 posts

Ok, I'm pretty sure this is the bus we took last year when we had an overnight stop at the CDG Ibis Terminal 3 but had to take our computers to a friend's office at Gare de l'Est because we didn't want to drag them around Turkey for two weeks. Or it might have been Gare du Nord. i can't remember but we walked a few blocks at the end. We stumbled upon the bus and said, hey cool, cheap, why not, we've got time. It's used a lot by airport employees who live along the line. So the route went on and on, we looked out the window, it got into jams, got so far behind schedule due to road costruction that at Porte de la Chapelle the driver told everone to get out and take another bus. Now, I'm almost bilingual and have been riding these busses for forty years, but I'm glad my French husband was there to tell me what was going on because I sure didn't get it at first. Another bus, crowds of people, and we finally got close by. Personally, I'll take the RER next time. But, first time, new experience for you, as they say, it's not just the destination but also the journey.

Posted by
4 posts

We (well, I) like to take the bus so we can see where we are going. I don't know that we would take this particular bus again as we were pretty tired after flying all night and we did sit on the bus for what seemed like an eternity before finally heading into ParisBUT, I still get goose bumps because we just happened to drive through and stop at Le Bourget (where Lindberg landed for all you non-history folks). I do like surprises.

Posted by
9571 posts

Just a tip that if you buy the tickets on thebus from the bus driver they'll cost €1.90each instead of €1.70 as they do from the machine.