Please sign in to post.

Burgundy

We will have 3 nights in Burgundy after visiting Paris. We have a car. Should we stay all three nights in Beaune and explore the area around that town? Is it possible to stay one night in Annecy and not feel rushed?

Posted by
4132 posts

Beaune makes a fine base with a car. Annecy is way too far to work in 3 days, too much time in transit. You could consider first or last night in another town in Burgundy if you like the idea (Semur? Vezeley?) but really not necessary.

Posted by
9404 posts

I don't like changing hotels if I don't have to, time consuming and tiring. We spent 4 nights in Beaune and loved it. Explored the town one day, and the next two we did RS scenic drives (highly recommend) and explored on our own. So fun.

Posted by
2916 posts

I love Annecy, but it really is too far. Someone suggested Semur en Auxois or Vezelay. I'd second those, or Chateauneuf en Auxois.

Posted by
249 posts

Third vote for staying in Beaune. Les Jardins de Lois is an excellent choice for a place to stay-top rated on TripAdvisor. Off-street parking yet a 5-minute walk to centre ville. Great villages to explore by car within minutes.