Please sign in to post.

Burg Eltz

I am trying to find a hostel or private zimmer to stay in close to the Eltz Castle...does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Posted by
6925 posts

Burg Eltz is out in the woods.

Moselkern is fairly close. Here you'll find accommodations listed with the TI there: Click on "Detailansicht" next to the name of the establishment.

You can stay at this private rental for 35 Euros per night plus 25 cleaning fee at end. Claims to be 3 km from the castle:

www.ferienhaus-krechel.de/

Cochem is a great place to stay - just a few km by train to Moselkern train station, then walk from there. Cochem has a hostel (hefty walk into town - not too far from station though) or you can try Frau Hilken's B&B (tel. 02671/3254) or Frau Mattes' B&B (tel. 02671/5448) - both are on Loehrstrasse near the old town square and have singles for about 25 Euros/night with breakfast. Pension Dapper - http://www.pension-dapper.de/ - is very near the station and the river - under 30 Euros single.

www.moselkern.de/gastgeber.html

Hope this helps.
Russ

Posted by
51 posts

I stayed at Lettie's Pension in Bacharach. We rode the KD boat from Bacharach to St. Goar and then took the train to Moselkern (and train all the way back to Bacharach). It made for a nice, long day. The hike took longer going to Burg Eltz, but we stopped a lot along the way to admire the water, ducks, etc. Moselkern is a pretty little town.

Posted by
769 posts

Id agree with Cochem - awesome place and super close. If youre there fore mroe than a day (which i recommend) use cochem as a base for Mosel (or Bacarach for Rhine side). The tiney villages closest to ELtz off the Mosel will have a few places but not much else after hours compared to cochem (but with a nice long hike up and back (take the high road back - its longer) - you may just want quick soup dinner, beer/wine and a bed!