Please sign in to post.

Bullfiight tickets in Seville: May 1, 2009

Can anyone recommend a way to get tickets to the bullfights in Seville for May 1, 2009. I tried purchasing directly from the bullfight arena website but they do not accept foreign credit cards. Is there another way I can get tickets?

Many thanks in advance

Posted by
4555 posts

I'm not sure which website you tried, but here's one where you might be more successful.
http://www.tauroentrada.com/

Since May 1st is a national holiday, the bullfights that day will be very popular. Be prepared to spend a fair bit if you want a seat in the shade!

Posted by
204 posts

We went to the bullfights in May in Seville- I asked our hotel to purchase them for us. It was a bit expensive as we had to pay the hotel a commission. I f you go this route make sure you ask what they will charge over an above the ticket. We could have purchased them the evening of the bullfights right at the arena as it was far from full. At that time of year make sure you purchase a ticket on the side of the arena that faces the river as you will be out of the sun. It is an experience you will not forget. As the other poster mentioned it is a holiday in Spain, I believe so make sure you take that into account.
I did try to use a couple of sites to order but like you did not have much success.
Safe travels
Shelley

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Jonathan,
We went to the bullfight in Madrid last March and bought tickets when we arrived at the arena right before the event. I'm not sure if it will be busier for May or if the Seville arena is smaller and requires advanced tickets but I'd suggest trying to book tickets at the local TI or the arena when you arrive.

Attending a bullfight in Spain is an event that I won't soon forget--I'm really glad that we had the experience!