Please sign in to post.

Budget hotels in Paris

Any suggestion on where one with a limited budget stay in Paris?

Posted by
8947 posts

Ibis Hotels.... Or use a hotel search engine like www.hrs.com to find the places that have the amenities and price that you are willing to pay. You can also add the neighborhoods that you prefer.

Posted by
11507 posts

Cristy , saying "budget hotel" is not enough,, what is price limit in euros per night. I stay in what I consider to be budget to moderate picks.. I have stayed in about 8 or 9 places at least,, and I have viewed a few others,, but, my idea of budget depends on a few things, is this for a single room or double or twin.. and what time of year?? I have paid as little as 60 euros( a few years ago now) ,, and as much as 180 or so.. but usually can find a nice place between 80-120 euros.. central, clean, a/c, etc.

Posted by
1014 posts

Again, what is your budget per day/week. If you are staying a week, an apartment becomes a viable choice. If you want just hotels, the cheapest I know of is hotelformule1.com. About 45E per night, bath and toilet down the hall, no lift. It is on Rue Dr. Babinski. Beside it is the Etap. Around 55E per night, insuite, with lift. Both are a 5-8 minute walk to a bus stop and 10-12 minutes to the St. Ouen Metro stop.

Posted by
9110 posts

I'm with John. I haven't the foggiest idea how many times I've been to Paris and I usually stayed in one of the clusters in the Latin Quarter. Somehow I never got out to St Ouen to poke around. Now it's become my favorite area for goofing off at the end of the day after leading people around by the ear. The ETAP John mentions on Rue Babinsky will get my business again in a couple of weeks. The breakfast isn't worth the eight euros or whatever they charge, but they have good coffee machines, there's a grocery around the corner (left out the door and another left at the corner), plus there are several places to eat between the hotel and the metro station.

Posted by
1265 posts

Cristy - What time of the year are you looking to be in Paris? How many people are in your group? I've never stayed at the Hotel Marignan but friends have and have good things to say. Single with toilet is 57 - 65€, Double ensuite is 85 - 95€ Depending on season(also includes breakfast). Here's the link:www.hotel-marignan.com/html/p1_a.htm

Posted by
1014 posts

Ed, when you go back to the Etap, the Metro stop at St. Ouen, look right if you are coming from the Etap. About 100 feet down the main road-Blvd. Bessieres- is a brasserie on the left called La Pergola, with the green awning. Wonderful owner. Very friendly, speaks French, English and Japanise. His food is above average and the prices are reasonable. Tell him that John and Sue sent you. His name is Slimane Djaiz.

Posted by
9110 posts

John, I've eaten at the Pergola a couple or three times, but not enough that anybody would remember me. This will be grand! I'll be traveling with a buddy and we're both fluent in Japanese. We'll go in chatting away and, since neither of us own a water bottle, i-whatever, or a dayback, he'll never figure out we're Americans. And, it'll be dark, so he won't spot our jeans and sneakers. Then I'll switch to the best aquitaine accent I can muster and convince him Pantego is in the middle of the Jacksonville - New Bern - Chapel Hill triangle. We'll have at least three weeks of bumming around before we get to Paris so we can probably embelish this to a full SNL skit. We won't fess up to your recommendtion until we're leaving. Don't be surprised if you guys wind up eating fricasseed sewer rat the next time you go in there.

Posted by
20 posts

Cristy, I stayed in the Marais at Hotel Jeanne D'Arc. It is definitely budget- 62 euros a night. It's clean. I had a very small room on the street side ( not recommended, it gets noisy) get an inside room. Breakfast is 7e, never ate there, I went to a different patisserie/boulangerie every morning to get a tasty treat!! The staff was nice, cordial, helpful if you needed something.