Please sign in to post.

Brugges

My friend and I are planning a trip to Belgium. We are looking at staying at The Hotel Patritius for 3-4 nights. It is highly recommended by Rick Steves. Has anyone stayed there? What was it like? I am not looking for a Ritz Carlton experience. Or does anyone have any other ideas for places to stay in the 100 euro/night price range? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
249 posts

Absoluut Verhulst is a great place to stay. Benno and Frieda are superb hosts, breakfast is phenomenal; the setting tremendous. Read about on TripAdvisor.

Posted by
32253 posts

mary, Have a look at This Hotel in Bruges. I stayed there a few months ago, and would highly recommend it!

Posted by
192 posts

Hi Everyone, Thanks much for your speedy replies. Sounds good.I will take a look at the other recommended places too.
Mary

Posted by
192 posts

Mike, If i stay at the Hotel Patriitus I plan on staying in the smaller double rooms(to save cash) with single beds. One person on TripAdvisor said these rooms were not up to par.My assumption is that that person was overly picky which I am not. Did you stay in a larger room or the smaller double?
Mary

Posted by
951 posts

We just spent 5 nights at the B&B Absoluut Verhulst a month ago. I am going to agree with one of the posters that it is a fabulous place with gracious hosts. Benno's scrambled eggs and unforgettable. They make you feel like family. Their rooms are charming. The location is great. It was my second trip to Bruges and the second time staying with Benno and Frieda. And if we go again, we will stay there again, in the same room! I believe we paid 90 euros per night.