Please sign in to post.

Brugge

We will be spending a full day in Brugge in May. We want to maximize our visit time. Any "must see" or tour suggestions greatly appreciated. Harold

Posted by
375 posts

We enjoyed a canal boat tour and strolling through the Beguinage. Lovely city.

Posted by
951 posts

Memling Museum, Groening Museum, Der Halve Mann Brewery Tour, Bell Tower Climb, waffles, pomme frittes, and beer beer beer!!!!!!

Posted by
1986 posts

The Beguinage, the canals, many little pocket parks as you stroll the City

Posted by
249 posts

Walk the canals in Bruges and, instead, take the bicycle tour with Mieke of Pink Bear Bike Tours. She's great; not the same for our boat tour guide-he phoned it in. De Halve Maan Brewery tour guide was top-notch as well.

Posted by
12040 posts

In my opinion, the Groenigemuseum is one of the best small art museums in Europe. I found the Memling museum kind of ... meh... If you want to splurge for a meal in one of Belgium's most highly rates restaurants, make a reservation for De Karmeliet- and bring appropriate attire. PS- Don't call them "pommes" frites, unless you're prepared to answer why you would use the French term in a Dutch-speaking city. The Flemish call them just "frites", "frieten" or "fritjes".

Posted by
1358 posts

Chocolate and beer. I'd fly to Belgium any day just to eat and drink.

Posted by
101 posts

I agree with the other posting...We also enjoyed the canal boat tour and strolling through the Beguinage. It's a beautiful town. OH and the Chocolates !!! 'mmmmmm

Posted by
1976 posts

-The Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk (begun in 1220) has Michelangelo's "Madonna and Child" sculpture -A lot of people like the Markt, a big square with lots of touristy shops (it has been used as a marketplace since the 10th century). -Canal boat tour - on the one we took (not sure if they are all the same), we saw a 14th-century bridge, the oldest in Bruges; and a couple of 16th- or 17th-century wooden houses which survived a fire that destroyed all other wooden buildings -Memling Museum