Please sign in to post.

Best Airfares

I'm not sure this is even a question I should be asking since we all have access to the same pool of online information. However, like all of you, I want to ferret out the best price on airfares to Europe. In June we will be flying from Bend, OR to Paris (CDG) via Seattle. I would appreciate any recommendations on online travel websites, brokers or air carriers that consistently offer the best air fares. I want to confirm that I didn't leave any stones unturned. Thank you kindly.

Posted by
591 posts

If you have some flexibility to fly from another airport besides Bend, it may be worth the drive for you to do so. From some random dates in June, it looks like you can go about $300+ cheaper starting from Portland (Air Canada via Toronto)and $400+ cheaper from Seattle (Icelandair via Keflavik).

Posted by
111 posts

Absolutely, Tim. However, flights from Bend to either Portland or Seattle are really not expensive. So it's not a deal-breaker. And the flight from Seattle to Paris on Icelandia does seem to offer the best fares.

Posted by
23267 posts

There are no magic sites. Just keep checking all.

Posted by
6502 posts

We've flown Icelandair from Seattle to Paris and it was a good experience, though takes longer than a nonstop. The hour or so in Reykjavik is spent clearing immigration for the EU, so you don't have to do that in France, a time-saver. As you've probably found, the fare is better too. Bring something to eat or be prepared to buy a good meal from them (unlike the nonstops). We also found Icelandair very proactive and helpful rebooking our return flights on other airlines when volcanic activity in Iceland caused cancellations. This happened twice, but so far there's no clear evidence that our travel schedule triggers eruptions in Iceland. Now if it happens a third time.....

Posted by
111 posts

Dick, Good to hear you had a positive experience with Icelandic. But remind me never to travel with you. :-)