Please sign in to post.

Berlin Philharmonic Tickets

My wife and I hope to attend a performance in the Berlin Philharmonic Hall while visiting Berlin in early May. Fortunately the Dresden Philharmonic will be visiting on May 3; the date we planned to attend a performance. I've tried several times to contact the Berlin Philharmonic for tickets but I can't get a response. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get tickets on line before we depart the US in a couple of weeks?

Posted by
693 posts

Jon, go to this website: http://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/konzerte/kalender/details/4255 On the upper right it says: Veranstalter - Konzertdirektion Hans Adler. It gives phone and fax numbers and also a website and email. I bet they can help you obtain tickets. As you know, they're six hours ahead of Eastern Daylight time, should you call. I looked at the program - fabulous!

Posted by
768 posts

Anna:
Thanks for the information. I tried the second link you sent and when I went to the "ticket" inquiry I was given an email address to contact the Berlin Philharmonic. I did so 3 days ago and no response. I'm beginning to think it may take a phone call; I'll have to search for my international calling card.

Posted by
693 posts

That's too bad. I'm surprised they don't sell tickets over the internet that you can pay for with a credit card on the spot. I hope whoever answers your call speaks English unless you speak German. That program is one I wouldn't want to miss, especially the violin concerto. I'd like to know if you succeed in getting advance tickets. If all fails, you may be able to get some on the day of the performance. Good luck!

Posted by
768 posts

Anna and Carol:
Success, I finally heard from the Berlin Philharmonic. It seems we made contact just in time as they were just about sold out for the performance.