Please sign in to post.

berlin hotel

any suggestions for hotels in berlin?? thank you j

Posted by
3250 posts

Not sure what price range you're looking for but for a budget option in a neighborhood close to excellent public transportation connections we liked Pension Peters. If you check the reviews on Trip Advisor, a few mentioned a problem with noise--we didn't.

You might want to clarify your price range for other suggestions.

Posted by
43 posts

There are many and my experience is limited to one visit three years ago but we had a great stay at the Fjord Hotel Berlin, not far from the Tiergarten.

Posted by
14510 posts

Any particular district you prefer in Berlin to stay in? My preference is always to stay in Charlottenburg...lots of good Pensionen and very affordable hotels. That's the area I stay in.

The Motel One, usually located near to major stations such as Bahnhof Zoo and Alexanderplatz, is recommendable...I haven't stayed with them. If you want to be close to the Hauptbahnhof, the Meininger chain has a hotel there, which was recommended to me,.. good quality at an inexpensive price with the amenities in the room.

Posted by
190 posts

Hi James,
We are staying at the Circus Hotel in the Mitte area. They also have a hostel. It got rave reviews on Trip Advisor hears hoping there right.

Posted by
175 posts

We stayed at the Circus Hotel for 5 nights in May. #1 on Trip Advisor.....Fabulous place Very helpful staff, nice breakfast available, functional and clean rooms. You won't go wrong. Enjoy Berlin!!

Posted by
1 posts

This response is a bit late, but may help someone else. I am originally from Berlin and my wife and I have returned several times. We have stayed at the Air In Berlin Hotel, room is comfortable and clean, less than a block from KaDeWe and Karstadt department stores on the Ku'dam, great bakery for coffee and pastries or rolls for breakfast around the corner, fabulous restaurants within several blocks, safe neighborhood. You can also try the Mark Hotel and Hecker's Hotel. All are 1 block or less from Ku'dam and easy access to all transportation, none are very expensive. We usually travel during Thanksgiving week as our kids are grown and rates are less with fewer tourists, have never had a cold night or noise problems at any of the mentioned hotels. Enjoy this beautiful city - check out Treptow Park - not mentioned in Rick's visit, but worth the hour it takes to see.