Please sign in to post.

Bayeux Restaurants

My extended family is traveling to Bayeux in early August. My husband will be turning 40 on Aug. 4 when we are there. I am looking for restaurant recommendations for us-6 adults and 2 kids (9 &11). Any other thoughts for birthday fun are appreciated!

Posted by
231 posts

We just returned from a RS France tour which included Bayeux and also had an excellent meal at La Rapiere. Our guide said ownership had changed hands recently and as a result, he and hotel staff had been uncertain as to whether to recommend it to the group, but we were quite satisfied and their qype.fr (yelp equivalent) and tripadvisor.fr (not tripadvisor.com) ratings have been very good. You can book in advance online and the staff communicates very well with non-French-speaking tourists. Our only complaint was that our room (which contained all the non-French speakers) was relatively small and we were seated next to a boisterous table. But since you will be the ones partying...

Posted by
32228 posts

Heather, I would highly recommend Le Pommier restaurant in Bayeux. It's not cheap, but the food is excellent (in my experience). Be sure to have a look at their Menus. Note that they don't open for dinner until about 19:00 and with a group reservations would probably be a really good idea. I'd ask the desk staff at the hotel to make reservations. Bon appétit!

Posted by
1318 posts

Hi Heather - We had a wonderful experience at La Rapiere a couple of years ago.

Posted by
10250 posts

We enjoyed Le Pommier also. Went there based on the Trip Advisor reviews.

Posted by
782 posts

Hi Heather, My wife and I dined at Le Pomier in late April two times and they were the best meals we had in Normandy and Paris.
Mike

Posted by
782 posts

Hi Heather, My wife and I dined at Le Pommier in late April two times and they were the best meals we had in Normandy and Paris.
Mike

Posted by
143 posts

A vote here for Le Petit Normand or Le Frangale.

Posted by
471 posts

Had a very nice dinner with friends at Lion d'Or - 71 rue Saint-Jean.

Posted by
228 posts

We were in Bayeux last June and three of us had dinner at Restaurant Le Drakkar, 27 Rue Saint-Jean. All three dishes were excellent.

Posted by
335 posts

Another vote for La Rapier. My son and I had the lunch menu there last October and really enjoyed it. It's down a side alley, so watch for the sign sitting out on the street. Enjoy your trip!