Please sign in to post.

Bayern Ticket?

Hi all, I'm leaving on a trip next week for Germany/Austria/Prague. I'm researching all my transportation and reading about the Bayern Ticket. I'm a little confused about it and where exactly I can use it and when it might be best for us to use it. We will be with 4-9 adults, depending on the time of our trip. When do you think it is best to use (or even applicable) in the following situations: Day 1) Train from Munich to Fussen - one way - 4 adults Day 2) Day trip to Zugspitze from Fussen (and back) using bus and train (bus to Ruette & train to mountain base) - 9 adults (would buy two passes); And did I read you can use the pass to go up Zugspitze itself? Day 3) Train back to Munich from Fussen - one way - 9 adults Day 4) Train to Salzburg - one way - 4 adults I am aware you can only use it after 9am on weekdays and that you can't use it on IC, ICE or EC trains. Thanks for your help! I don't know why I'm so confused... =\ Jen

Posted by
32 posts

(sorry, that was broken out in paragraphs when I typed it...it's a bit hard to read now)

Posted by
10344 posts

Hey, everyone, you can indicate paragraphs by typing Alt 0182. it still doesn't actually cause a paragraph but is better than the nothing we have right now.

Posted by
19099 posts

I would use the Bayern-Ticket for day 1, Munich to Füssen. One pass for up to 5 people, 2 passes for 6-9. See my website, www.germantravel-info.com/fuessen.htm . . . . ¶ The Bayern-Ticket will not cover the bus to Reutte, but if you go to Pfronten, it will cover the bus to Pfronten and the train to GaP. There are twice as many buses between Füssen and Pfronten as between Füssen and Reutte. The Bayern-Ticket will not cover the cog rail train up the Zugspitze, but there is a discount with the BT. . . . . ¶ Day 3: same as day 1. . . . . ¶ Day 4: to Salzburg. Use the Bayern-Ticket (€7 pP). . . . ¶ You can start your train travel before 9 AM workdays . You just can't use the Bayern-Ticket for any travel before 9. There are trains leaving for Füssen or Salzburg just before 9. They are still inside MVV (at Geltendorf or Grafing) at 9, so an MVV Gesamtnetz Partner-Tageskarte (entire network day ticket for up to 5P), for €18,80, will cover your travel until after 9 AM, when you can use the Bayern-Ticket. (The Gesamtnetz ticket will also cover your travel, by any conveyances, to get to the Hbf.