Please sign in to post.

Bavarian Castle Pass

If I purchase the Bavarian Castle Pass, how do I make a reservation for Neuschwanstein Castle?

Posted by
19052 posts

The ticket center for Neuschwanstein is at www.hohenschwangau.de. Their email address is at info@ticket-center-hohenschwangau.de. The number, from Germany, is 83 62 - 93 08 30. Another question is, if you also want to see Hohenschwangau Castle, which is not included with the Bavarian "castle pass", how do you do it along with the Bavarian Castle Pass to Neuschwantstein.

Posted by
109 posts

Aaron,

The synopisis I've gotten is that you fill out the reservation form as if you are buying tickets and note in the memo portion of the booking that you have a Bavarian castles pass. Then you only have to pay the reservation fee of (I think) 1.60 euro each? It won't charge your credit card to make the booking.

Reservations with Bavarian castles ticket

Posted by
16 posts

When we did this in 2007, we logged onto the website given in Rick's Germany book, which I think is the one the prior comment mentions. If you want a tour of both castles, Neuschwanstein and Hoenschwangau, you designate this on your reservation, and designate the time for the Hoenschwangau (that one is always first, apparently), and then Neuschwanstein is scheduled 2 or 2 1/2 hours later (enough time to tour the first castle and take the bus or even walk up to the other; we had plenty of time, I recall). You really do want to see both if you are going to be there. And if you have a car and time, I highly recommend driving an hour east over to Linderhof. It's like a tiny Versailles with incredible grounds, including a pagoda and grotto cave (all described in Rick's Germany book).

Some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I have pictures of them enlarged and framed all over my home & office.

Posted by
192 posts

to the person mentioning the drive over to Linderhof, how was that drive ? and the roads ?