Please sign in to post.

Battlebus Tours

I made a reservation for the 2 day American Events tour with Battlebus for Sept. Reservation was made for two people but my travel partner has cancelled so I changed the reservation to one person. Battlebus e-mailed back and said they cancelled the entire reservation as they would not take a reservation for just one person. I have to wait until later and hope someone else books that 2 day tour and then hope there is room for me. Have never heard of anything like that. Why not just keep me on the list and add others as they book. Anyone else had this problem?

Posted by
180 posts

That is strange. I made a reservation with them for 1 day for 1 person and had no problem. Maybe it's the 2 day tour.

What about booking the American 1 day and the Canadian 1 day - then they should accept it.

Posted by
511 posts

Checked on their site under "How to Book" and here's what it says.

"Bookings can be taken for just 1 person or up to 8, although we always need a minimum of 2 to run a tour."

I'm guessing (since I haven't seen the e-mail they sent) that you are the first and only person to sign up for the tour and they won't run a tour of 1, so they want you to wait until someone else books a group of 2 or more and then the tour is guaranteed to go? That's my best guess. Interesting though...I'd check back with them in a few weeks.

Posted by
511 posts

Posted this in the "Normandy Tours in June" thread, but thought it's appropriate here too. From the Battlebus website:

Battlebus Closures
We are closed for 65th anniversary of D-Day on June 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th. This year will be the last time many of our veteran friends will travel to France, and we wish to attend the ceremonies and spend time with our heroes and friends.