Please sign in to post.

BattleBus Tours

Does anyone have recent experience with BattleBus Tours in Bayuxe(sp)

Posted by
408 posts

TC,
My husband and I took the American Experience tour and the Band of Brothers tour in May with Battlebus. Our guide was Dale and it was great! I cannot imagine going to Normandy and not taking a tour. We learned so much and saw so much. Not all the sights are marked so you really need a guide. We spent 4 nights in Bayeaux and I could of stayed longer. It was a highlight of my three week trip to France and Belguim.

Posted by
875 posts

We also did the American Highlights tour with BattleBus -- and Dale was our guide also. He is ex-military (British), and his knowledge and enthusiasm really made the tour for us. We learned so much about the strategy of both sides that it made everything really come to life for us. I'd love to go back and take another BattleBus tour!

Posted by
32303 posts

TC,

I've also taken tours with BattleBus, and my experience was the same as others have mentioned, it was a highlight of my time in Normandy.

I took the American Highlights tour with Dale and the Canadian Highlights tour with Paul (the owner of BattleBus). Both tours were incredible and I feel that I learned far more about the D-Day events with a tour than I ever would have on my own.

As they take care of all the transportation, it was also an incredibly effecient way to get around to the various sites. During the trip between sites, the very knowledgeable Guides had lots more information to share with the group, including some little known facts from veterans.

BattleBus is VERY popular so I'd suggest pre-booking. Also, you'll need to stay in Bayeux, as they depart from there at 08:00 sharp!

I would HIGHLY recommend BattleBus. It was absolutely worth the cost (and I gave them a gratuity as well).

Happy travels!

Posted by
1568 posts

I agree with all the other posters. You will enjoy. Only wish we had also take the Ban of Brothers Tour.

Well worth the money.

We arrived 1 day....took the tour the 2nd day...and left on the 3rd day.

Enjoy!

Posted by
9122 posts

We did the 2 day American Experience tour with Sean. Best use of money around. Wish we could take all of the tours, and we do actually plan on doing that this year or next. The Canadian Experience and the British Experience tours are quite different. Sean spent quite a few years working at the Imperial War museum in London and he not only did knew his facts, he also imparted them to us in a way that was never boring. We also got so much out of the very personal stories that he had from veterans who had toured with Battlebus.

Posted by
515 posts

We took the 2 day American tour with Paul and the Band of Brothers tour with Allen. Just can't say enough about the stories we heard, the places we visited. Best part of our trip. But it doesn't matter who guides. They are all fantastic.

Posted by
5131 posts

Many thanks to all who replied! Your insights are really appreciated. TC