Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotels

We will be ending a tour of Spain in Madrid and would like to take the train down to barcelona for a few days. Any advice on where to stay and what to do for 2 nights?? We will be a group of 8(2 families).

Posted by
1455 posts

Dawn
There's a ton of stuff to do in Barcelona. You have 8 people but you did not say if they're all adults, kids, etc.

You can take in a show, go tapas hopping, or just plain shopping! Heck after your long tour, you may just want to camp out at an internet cafe and email friends an update on what you've been doing.

The city stays open til the wee hours, as you'll discover, so 2 days will be ample to get a taste of the City.

As to where to stay, that's a personal preference. When I went I wanted something economical and away from Las Ramblas... so I stayed closer to the beach and a few metro stops from the main part of the city.

You can thumb through Rick's book for ideas or try maribelsguide.com for ideas too.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks for the advice, we are all adults traveling together. Some of us are night shift workers so it sounds like the perfect city for us!!