Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotels

Does anyone have a recommendation for kid friendly hotels in Barcelona? The kids are 7 and 9 and we'll be traveling in a group of 10 people (family reunion, sort of.) I'm torn between a small downtown place (which we usually do)or a big hotel with an amazing pool. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted by
1455 posts

For 10 people, you probably can qualify for a group discount at the big hotel.

There is a botique hotel called 5 Rooms. (Google "5 rooms hotel, Barcelona" for the web site).

The price is affordable and I belive it comes with breakfast.

I stayed at the sister property in Madrid and loved it.

Your other alternative is to rent a home. There's a lot of ex Brits who rent their homes, and I am sure you can find it on vrbo.com

Posted by
769 posts

Im not sure why you need a pool if youre in Barcelona - the beach is right there! We stayed at Hotel Catalonia right off the main Plaza at the top of the Ramblas. If you want to play in the pool id suggest Vegas. But in Spain - go for the ocean and stay at smaller nice hotels in the downtown. If you must - choose a big tourist hotel outside of town if you want Howardo-Johnsono. :)

Posted by
38 posts

Tom, sorry but I guess we're a little spoiled. We live right off the Med here in Naples, and my kid's favorite beach spot has a pool too. They love running back and forth between the pool and beach all day long. We drag them to so many historic and cultural sights, that I want to make sure they have fun in Spain too. I'll check out the hotel you mentioned. Thanks!

Posted by
206 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Gran Via,about 2 blocks from the Plaza Catalunya, it has a pool (though I didn't check it out because we weren't going to be using it). You might check hotels in the Barcelonetta area, which is very close to the beach, and see if they have pools, that way you'd get both, pool and close access to the beach. Good luck.

Posted by
273 posts

Jazz Hotel right off Placa Cataluna has a beautiful rooftop pool.