Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotels

We can't get any site in Rick's Spain book to connect for reservations in Barcelona. Does anyone have a nice clean hotel in Barcelona to stay at? We have tried Hotel Continental Barcelona and Hotel Jardi and neither web site will let usconnect to make reservations. We can get on the site to look at the Hotel information, but not the e mail site. Any suggestions for a Hotel we can contact?

Posted by
2611 posts

I've stayed at the hotel Continental and enjoyed it - buffet included was the best deal. Try again though, I had no problems when I tested the site just now. It is a little bit different web form - follow the blinking red arrows.
https://www.hotelcontinental.com/web/index.php

Posted by
2169 posts

I don't know if it's in Rick's Spain book, but we stayed at L'Antic Espai in Barcelona and really enjoyed it. Very clean, good location, reasonably priced, and very responsive to booking inquiries. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. Their website: http://www.anticespai.com

Posted by
3 posts

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Atlantis in 2008 and are returning there this summer. Centrally located near the Ramblas. Rooms clean and reasonably priced.

Posted by
4535 posts

Nouvel Hotel is really nice. Just off the Ramblas. If you can't connect via email or website, just try calling. It'll only take a few minutes.

Posted by
87 posts

I would like to recommend laterooms.com for hotels in Barcelona and most of Europe. We got a fantastic rooms off season in Spain and England via laterooms.

Posted by
1014 posts

How long are you staying. If close to a week, a small gite or self catering apt. might be cheaper and have more room. We stayed Hostal Hill. Hostal is a local term for small hotel. Shower in the room, toilet down the hall. Really clean. It is a bit out of the center but was cheap -60E per night. They gave you a chit to get coffee and bread at a restaurant across the street. Try to stay in a room in the back. The front has a lot of road/street noises at night. It is an average place, not great, not bad. But, for the price, it worked for us.

Posted by
1 posts

I'm having the same problem - the flashing red hand is not responding. My daugher and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and it was perfect for us.

Posted by
133 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Colon which is across the plaza from the Cathedral. It is very nice and can be expensive but right now the availability calendar shows rooms for 80 Euro in July and August (you didn't indicate the dates you need) and they say they'll give 15% off when you book 45+ or -7 days before your stay. I believe they are a sister property to the Regencia Colon which is in the RS book. You might also look through booking.com

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed at Hotel Lloret on the Ramblas several years ago. I would stay there again.

Posted by
931 posts

Arlene, we stayed at the Continental and really enjoyed it. My cousin had some of the same problems that you are having, so she booked some of her hotels thru Booking.com. She got the same price as we did, but the hotel has to pay them a large fee, so it is always best to "try your darndest" to book directly with the hotel.