Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotels

My husband and I will be taking a Rick Steve's tour of Spain in September. We will be going into Barcelona 2 days early and would like a recommendation for a hotel to stay in prior to the tour.

Posted by
32198 posts

Dottie,

You might have a look at the NH Barcelona Centro, which may also be the hotel used by your tour. I also tend to arrive a few days before a tour, and try to get a room in the same hotel used by the tour.

You'll receive information on your first and last hotel from the tour department well in advance of your tour, so you'll be able to use the same hotel if desired.

Happy travels!

Posted by
6 posts

We are fans of the Hotel Cram . . . nice neighborhood and a good location.

Good luck

Rich

Posted by
11507 posts

I recommend staying in same hotel as tour start.. it makes it easier, no wasting 3 hours or so packing up and moving to another hotel on day three.. checking in again etc. The tour company generally tells you the name of the first hotel with more then enough time to book your start there too.
It is a very good idea to arrive a few days early,, you can get over jet lag, wait for luggage if its delayed, and most importantly no worry about missing some of the tour if your flight is delayed, which did happen to a family of four on our RS tour.. they arrived a day late so got a grand total of one day in Rome.. what a shame!

Posted by
3095 posts

We loved Hotel Jazz with its rooftop terrace and pool. very easy to get there from the airport using the aerobus. It should only take an hour or so to transfer between hotels, no big deal.

Posted by
12172 posts

We stayed in Hostal Campi. It's well located and a decent place. I travel on a budget and lodging is an obvious place to save. Hostal Campi offers both ensuite and bathrooms down the hall. A bathroom down the hall is no big deal to me, but I know it is to many American travelers. If it matters, and you decide on Hostal Campi, make sure you book an ensuite room.