Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotel

We will be traveling in June to Barcelona for a one night stay prior to joining a cruise. We are looking for a hotel that can accommodate a family room of 5 and a family room of 4. We have heard that the Las Ramblas area is nice. Any suggestions for us?

Posted by
12313 posts

If you don't get any responses. Check out tripadvisor.com. It has reviews and maps of a wide variety of hotels in all price ranges. We're planning a trip there in Sept. Personally, I'll plan to avoid Las Ramblas because the area is essentially a tourist trap with some of the worst pickpockets and tourist scam artists in Europe (but that's just what I've heard).

Posted by
2428 posts

We had no problems in Las Ramblas. Yes it is touristy but also many locals there and we enjoyed it. Actually the worst scams (gypsies I think) were down by the harbor, 3 girls with clipboards, can you sign petition for us, etc. and the same outside a church with the same attitude. Luckily I had read all about this on graffiti wall before we went so I was prepared and guess he wasn't. They did not bother my girlfriend but they surrounded her husband both times and tried to open his fanny pack. He was also pickpocketed on metro but they only got his ticket. Don't know why they did not bother my friend and I but maybe because I had on my New York attitude. Read the graffiti wall about what to look out for and secure your belongings.

Posted by
203 posts

My best tip for Barcelona is the Flamenco show at LOS TARANTOS. It's in Plaça Reial (17 Barri Gòtic) right off La Rambla. It's on 6E for the approx 30 minute show & very authentic. An exceptional value. We loved it.
http://www.masimas.com/en/tarantos We wished we had stayed in Las Ramblas area as we would have been closer to all the sights, etc. It is a bit crowded & lots of tourist. If you're ok with that.