Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotel

Will need two rooms, or a room for 4 adults for two nights prior to a cruise leaving out of Barcelona. Any recommendations? Also any information on distance from airport to hotel on any hotel recommended?

Posted by
12313 posts

If you don't get a recommendation you like here, check out tripadvisor.com. They have prices and reviews and you can book directly from the site. Personally, I'd stay clear of Las Ramblas - it's touristy and chock full of scams and pickpockets. It's arguably the worst place in Europe. There are plenty of other great places to be in Barcelona.

Posted by
931 posts

We have been reading TA and using Rick's book to pick a hotel in Barcelona. Rick has some great choices, and great info. I will not book any place until I check out the info about the area in RS. TA has lots of info/reviews/pics on all types of places, and let's you sort them using your "musts." I am cheap, and don't worry about pic pockets so I am looking at Las Ramblas, as well as other areas. BCN, unfortunately, is not a "cheap" town. Currently I am trying to decide between two in Las Ramblas; Hotel Continental (100 to 120 EU/nite double) or the hotel Cuatro Naciones (98 EU/nite double)
Both have great connections using the A1 bus to the airport. If you want to spend more there are some other choices: Hotel Continetal Palacete, Hotel Colon, etc.

Posted by
344 posts

Just wanted to "second" Steve's comments, as I have been looking at Barcelona lodgings and have seen many favorable comments on the hotels he mentioned. I always look at TripAdvisor. Can the cruise company advise you? SuzieeQQ
San Diego

Posted by
15 posts

We satyed in Barcelona pre cruise last year. Loved the Continental Palacete. We took the airport shuttle to the main square and walked a couple of blocks to the hotel. It was very easy. The hotel is beautiful. The room is small but quiet and comfortable. The staff are warm and friendly. The location is quiet and pretty, as well as close to the Gaudi sites. Our friends stayed at the Colon - very noisy and a hotel feel. I much prefered the location of the Palacete. If it seems expensive, remember they have a 24 hour buffet included! This is so nice when you have come off a long flight and jet lagged. You have access to water, beer , wine, soda, milk, etc, as well as cookies, cheeses, salads, etc. My husband loved getting up in the middle of the night and getting milk and cookies. The buffet area is close to the rooms. I highly recommend this hotel.

Posted by
23 posts

Take a look at Hotel Atlantis which is close to Las Ramblas, Placa Catalunya, Barri Gothic, Paseig de Gracia, etc. Also, it a short walking distance to the A1 (airport shuttle) bus stop. We stayed at this hotel during our trip in October. It's a decent hotel with decent prices. The included American style breakfast is a plus so you can be off on your sightseeing day right out of the hotel.

Posted by
40 posts

Thanks to all who have posted suggestions. We have finally booked our room in Barcelona. Love this site!