Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

Barcelona - I am booked at the Barcelo Raval...any suggestions for something I could walk to as I arrive late the first day (7pm) but want to go out that night. I am taking a bike tour the next day and will be done approx. 2pm...I am looking for a suggestion for something I could do that afternoon/eve...I would like to go to Stiges Beaches (day trip) and see the Mediterranean Sea...it looks like it is a 45 minute train ride from the city...is it best to get to and from places in Barcelona by taxi? I am also interested in seeing Old City and Montjuic...are these places worth it? would either of them fit into the open time I have?

Posted by
691 posts

Hi Sue, a nice activity at night is the fountain show in Montjuic, it is free, outdoor and entertaining, you can see it them on weekends during summer time.

Posted by
324 posts

Sue, really, you're walking distance from just about everything that might interest you in the city. I wouldn't bother with a taxi unless you suffer from severely reduced mobility (Not likely if you've signed up for a bike tour).

Sitges is beautiful. From the closest metro to your hotel (Liceu, in front of the opera house. By the by, for a nice drink, check out the café, "Opera" right in front.) you can take the green line to Sants Estació (faster would be walking up to Pza. Cataluña and taking the train to Sants. From there you can easily catch the train to Sitges.

Here's my generic suggestion map for a quick visit to Barcelona: http://quia-absurdum.com/barcelona/two_days.html

Enjoy the trip.

Posted by
7 posts

The good news is that Barcelona is a late night type of city. There are numerous places to go in the evening, even late. It you want beach, you don't have to go to Sitges just head to Barceloneta at the foot of the Ramblas and a few block over. There is a lovely beach, an aquarium and plenty of people watching. Montjuic is very large, but has some nice sites like the Miro museum. If you go to Montjuic in the mid afternoon, you can walk down to the gondolas that will wisk you over to Barceloneta. It's about 9 euros, but the views are wonderful and it's a quick trip to the beach. When you get off the gondola and take the elevator down, you turn left and walk 2 blocks and you will see the beach.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you for your very helpful information...can't wait to see Barcelona!