Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Card, or not???

We will be in Barca for 6 days, trying to decide if the Barcelona Card and/or the Articket Card is worth purchasing? We will go to the museums etc, but, is are the cards easy to use, or a pain??? anyone used them??? tnx.

Posted by
119 posts

The cards aren't a pain to use, they are great. We used it constantly and they are also good for transportation. The sites on the card are the "staple" sites. Free full-color Barcelona guidebook with city and metro maps Free admission to over 16 top Barcelona attractions Choose from 2, 3, 4 and 5 consecutive day passes See Gaudi's breathtaking architecture in Barcelona Discounted entry to the Casa Gaudi Museum and Picasso Museum Free unlimited travel on Barcelona public transport including metro, city buses and train service from the city center to Barcelona Airport
Discounts at many shops, restaurants and attractions

Posted by
344 posts

I'm going to Barcelona for the first time in April and I can't wait! I would advise that you consider what you will be doing in Barcelona and ensure that the discounts cover the cost of the card. Although there are many discounts listed on the brochure/website, are the discounts something that you would be going to do? Also, some of the discounts on this card are minimal (5-10%), some of the listed museums are free even without the card, if you are not going to a lot of museums it may not be worth it-it may be a good deal for you, but only if the discounts are on things you are sure you will do. That being said, I understand there is a worthwhile discount on transportation from the airport to the city....take a good look at what it will get you. This website may be worth looking at "The Barcelona Card: Is it Still Worth it?":
http://www.eurocheapo.com/blog/the-barcelona-card-revisited-is-it-still-worth-it.html