Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

Is it best to take the train or a bus from Barcelona Airport to downtown Barcelona. We are staying at the top of the Ramblas. Thanks
Bob-Toronto ON

Posted by
12172 posts

We took an airport express into town. I was actually planning on catching a train but came across the bus on the way so paid and boarded. The bus was convenient, I think the third stop is Placa Catalunya (at the top of the Ramblas) it took about 20 minutes. If we had trained, it would have been cheaper but less convenient because you have to change to a metro.

Posted by
6898 posts

Robert, the Aerobus is way better. It goes from the main airport terminal to the Plaza Catalunya. The train station at the airport is not at the main terminal. It's at what appears to be an older terminal area. You must take an airport shuttle to get there. Once there, you walk about 500' on an overhead walkway to the train station. Then, the Barcelona Sant train station is not near La Rambla. It's a 13-15Euro taxi ride from the Sant train station to La Rambla. On our first trip, we took the train and the above was our experience.

Posted by
32212 posts

Robert, I agree with the others, taking the AeroBus is the easiest option especially if your Hotel is near La Rambla. There are separate Buses from Terminal 1 and 2. I believe I used Terminal 2 when I was there in June. When exiting the Terminal building, walk to the right several hundred metres and you'll find the Bus station, slightly "around the corner" (it's offset from the road so not visible too much from the Terminal). The fare was very reasonable (can't remember the amount, but about €7.50). As mentioned the bus stop is at Plaça Catalunya, in front of the El Cortes Inglese department store. La Rambla will be easily visible, as will the Apple store (largest one in Europe apparently - it's huge!). You can obtain further information on Barcelona Airport transportation on this website: www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1237554338469//Public-transport.html Happy travels!