Please sign in to post.

Barcelona

I am overwhelmed with planning what to do in Barcelona. We have just a short two and half days there so I want to see the main attractions. Suggestions?

Posted by
324 posts

At www.quia-absurdum.com/barcelona/gaudi_route.html I have posted a walking route which will take you by all of Gaudi´s principle projects in Barcelona and, at the same time, will give you a good overview of the city. The route is a long one, and you might prefer to just do the righthand half. Another good option would be the tourist bus. Also, you shouldn't miss the Mercat de la Boquería (Ramblas) as well as the general craziness and street theatre of the Ramblas itself (watch out for pickpockets). Have a great trip.

Posted by
1455 posts

Kellen and Nicole, I agree with isailtheseas. I was there for 3 days, and took the HOp off/Hop On bus our first day. It drops you off on the "Main" attractions, and you also get a birds eye view of the Gaudi buildings

You can catch the bus in the city center, and I also believe at the HO/HO bus stop. You can't miss the bus... its very touristy! LOL

It runs in a circle so you can even take a full circle to see the city.