Please sign in to post.

Bacharach Germany

Hello, I am planning my daughter's wedding in July (2 months) at Rheinstein Castle. All of our wedding guests are staying in Bacharach. I am an avid Rick Steve's tourbook (bible) reader. I've seen and read about the professor that you use in Bacharach for tours of Bacharach and have read all of his glowing reviews. How can I get in contact with him to see if he could give our wedding group a tour of the town the day before the wedding? I would appreciate any favors you can pull! :)

Posted by
4412 posts

Stacey, the Helpline is a travel forum with people such as yourself, asking questions and giving answers. No one from Rick's staff will answer your question directly. Perhaps give the ETBD office a phone call - or check Rick's Germany books for info on private tours with Herr Jung. I've never heard of anyone having a private tour with him, though...Perhaps the person coordinating your daughter's wedding could help with this request.

Posted by
8309 posts

I don't know about the professor. But I can tell you where to get the best information on places to stay there. http://www.bensbauernhof.com/accommodationsrhinemosel.html Bacharach's just a tiny place beside the Rhine River with a train line running through it.
It's a great quiet place to sit and watch the tour boats going up and down the river. We find the people there to be very nice and accommodating. They've also got a number of nice, small restaurants there.

Posted by
32331 posts

Stacey, I'm not sure whether Herr Jung gives private tours or whether he only provides those for RS tours? The Guidebook lists two local Guides, Birgit Wessels and Joanne Augustin so you might also consider hiring them. Check page 379 of the Germany Guidebook (that's for the 2011 version). Congratulations to the happy couple and Happy travels!