Please sign in to post.

Artesia Night 221

I am looking into the Artesia Night 221 from Paris to Venice in late May. I only want to take the train if i can get a private compartment for my Wife and I. Per the rail europe website, if i book under 2 people in a double, it gives us a cost of $500. For that amount, it is more economical to spend our last night in a paris hotel and fly Easyjet to venice. However, when i look under booking my wife and i separate, it gives a total of $200 each in a double. Can we book separatly in a double, for $200 each and stay togethor in the same double? or will they put us each in a separate gender sepcific dobule?

For $400 we will take the train, but for $500 we will fly. Thanks.

Also, can you see any of the italian landscape in the morning after the sun comes up, or is the train going to fast that it is all a blur?

Posted by
8700 posts

First of all, don't book with Rail Europe if you can avoid it because it doesn't offer discount fares and you have to pay a fee to have your tickets mailed to you.

Book at www.tgv-europe.com, a multi-language SNCF (French national rail) site. To keep the site in English and to avoid being bumped to the Rail Europe site, choose Great Britain as your country of residence.

If you book ASAP, you may still be able to get a Depart Plus fare of 280 EUR for two people in a two-bed sleeper. Pick up your tickets at any SNCF station or boutique (ticket shop) in Paris.