Please sign in to post.

apartments in paris

we are 3 women traveling to paris in sept. We have had 3 apts booked then canceled on us. As we get close to the time we are worried. We want to have an apt for a week while in paris. Any suggestions for different sites to check?

Posted by
11507 posts

For goodness sake that's ridiculus , what agency were you booking with.. At this late date you are going to have a problem,, September is the busiest month to book . I suggest you try and book a hotel room wth a good cancellation policy and then continue to look for apartment then cancel hotel when you find one.
Have you tried VIP( Vacation in Paris )

Posted by
30 posts

Hi Lynn, Notwithstanding the previous advice about timing and availability being all too true, I would like to offer that you try a site called Airbnb.com. We have just returned from Paris last week and utilized this site to book a villa in Bastille. I cannot say enough about this unique site. You deal directly with owners, who have been reviewed by previous guests. The "bad ones" are quickly weeded out by actual experiences. Just give it a try. There's always someone adding their place...I promise that you'll find something! Bonjour, Mindy

Posted by
10190 posts

Try Lodgis at lodgis.com. They have a US site in English and dollars nd a French one in euros. Careful which one you scan. We've used them several times over the years.

Posted by
64 posts

Our family of five just returned from Paris. We stayed at a lovely apartment booked through Parlor Paris.Com. It is run by a woman named Adrian Leeds, who is featured on HGTV's House Hunters International. Everything was perfect. Paid half up front and the balance upon arrival. They have a concierge that lived nearby that was able to help with some questions. First rate firm. Higher end apartments. Many in the Marais, where we located.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all
I am sorry to say That Adrianne is the one who messed up on us twice. We have sucess though! We found an apt so we are much relieved.

Posted by
130 posts

Check out Paris for Rent. Patrick our agent was superb, no challenges or concerns of any kind. parisforrent.com. Professional prompt, highly recommend this agency. Patrick is the agent and is located in San Francisco, Ca. all transactions in english via american banking system. Best wishes.