Please sign in to post.

apartments in Paris

My family of four will be traveling to Paris for the first time in June and I am considering renting an apartment or service apartment instead of a hotel to save a little. I like the idea of having a kitchen as well as all of being able to be together. I have two older sons, 17 and 20. I welcome any recommendations. I'm especially interested in the Rue Cler area.

Posted by
75 posts

You might try vacationinparis.com. They have properties all over Paris at many different price points.

Posted by
2091 posts

Colleen, we have #155 from vacationinparis.com rented in June. Vacation in Paris has been very helpful and had great suggestions. I liked the fact that we'll actually have the key before we leave the US especially since we'll probably be arriving late in the day.

Posted by
9422 posts

ParisAttitude.com is also very good.

Posted by
54 posts

Try www.rentalfrance.com We rented from them recently (37 Rue St Paul) and found them excellent to deal with. Rue St Paul is in the Marais, an excellent area - close to supermarkets, patisseries,cafes, restaurants, metro St Paul, and the shopping street of Rue St Antoine, plus all the shops are open on Sunday. Loved this apartment and the location.

Posted by
1265 posts

Colleen - I give another vote for vacationinparis.com. We used them last summer, and they were great. They are based in the US, and we had the keys before we left.

Posted by
5550 posts

And yet another vote for vacationinparis.com. I rented for a week from them in October. I sent a request with my preferred arrondissements, dates, and price range and they sent me back a list of available apartments. I stayed at #115 in the Marais (which I think is a great area to stay in). Loved the apartment and location, but this particular apartment would be too small with 4 adults. I was really pleased with VIPs service also. I paid by credit card through paypal, got the keys 2 weeks before I departed, and received my key deposit back just 3 days after I dropped the keys in the mail. The apartment was just as promised. I would definitely rent from them again.

Posted by
1 posts

I'm new to these message boards, but I just booked an apartment on Rue Cler for my honeymoon in Paris in late May 2010. We're very excited about it and have had great experience so far with ParisPerfect.com.

The apartment we're staying in is Syrah. But there are quite a few in that area very close to Rue Cler.

Posted by
66 posts

I can second Meredeth's recommendation of Paris Perfect. Stayed there in September 2008. Very professional and no suprises along the way. It's not the cheapest, but gorgeous apartments, most with a view of the Eiffel Tower and a few blocks from rue Cler.

Posted by
842 posts

When we rent in Europe we rent from VRBO and Homelidays.com. When we rented in Paris this last June, we stayed at the top of the 15th Arr, right below the Rue Clair area, and loved the location.We had our picks of Metro stops to walk to, lots of great little restaurants and shops to explore, and walked to the Eiffel tower.

It is important to pick a place that is close to the Metro, is on a side street (noise), and has a good history of satisfied renters. Make sure you get the address, and check it out on the Google map "street view". Remember that 1the st floor is actually the second floor, and that if you rent in Summer, many of the apts don't have AC.

Posted by
189 posts

Colleen, my wife and I have rented an apartment for 9 days beginning this June through VacationsinParis (which we have done before) and have been completely OK with their service. The apartment is $140/night for 3. Dorsey

Posted by
24 posts

My family of 6 rented a 3 bedroom apartment in the Latin Quarter through vrbo.com. It was 2 blocks from the Rue Mouffetard market, and we loved it. Every day the kids went to the market to shop for food. It was lively at night, and safe. They loved "living" in Paris and still talk about it.