Please sign in to post.

Apartment Rentals in Paris

Has anyone stayed at Rue De Poitou thru Sogecri or Henri IV thru Paris Best Lodge? Just wondering which location is better; we are runners who like a nice morning jog. We will be in Paris for 11 days from June 17 to June 28 2013. Narrowing down our choices for a final decision. Both apartments look very nice and have good reviews. http://www.sogecri.com/poitou/ http://www.parisbestlodge.com/h4x.html So I am most interested in the actual locations -- Rue De Poitou vs Henri IV blvd.

Posted by
5533 posts

Based on location, I'd choose the Henry IV Blvd location which is near the Bastille metro. I've rented flats in that area twice and I think it is a great area. Bastille is on multiple metro lines so it is very easy to get around. There is a great Sunday market along Richard Lenoir. You are very close to the Seine and that is a prime place for jogging. Also, just across the bridge is the Jardin des Plantes which might also be a good option.

Posted by
6527 posts

Never stayed at either place, or in their neighborhoods, but I'd agree with Laura that the Henri IV location is better for Metro and major sights. It's also on the ground floor, vs. 4th (US) floor for Poitou. Of course, you could get your workout at Poitou by running up and down the stairs! But the Seine and Jardin des Plantes might be more fun. Another possible running choice for Henri IV could be the Promenade Plantee, a former railway line that became a pedestrian route, running mostly above the street from just south of the Bastille Opera House all the way to Vincennes, I believe. We have stayed only on the Left Bank, but we love the Marais and one of our favorite memories is sitting beside Place de la Bastille and just watching the traffic at rush hour, a complicated ballet best appreciated from the sidewalk, including the dignified old ladies on bicycles weaving through the cars. Also nearby is the boat basin where you can watch the canal boats come and go and fantasize about traveling that way. And there are short boat rides up and down the Canal St-Martin. Whichever place you choose, have fun in the great city!

Posted by
2 posts

thanks for the great info -- we are going with the Henri IV location -- can't wait -- counting the days!