Please sign in to post.

Apartment rental in Paris

Me and my husband are planning a trip to paris for 7 days in Sep 2011. I want to rent an apartment there. Would appreciate any Pros and cons vs getting a hotel room and help with a reliable site from where I can book an apartment !! Thank you

Posted by
17244 posts

We are very "pro" apartment in Paris as it is generally less expensive, and you can shop and cook for yourselves if you want. The shopping part is great fun. I highly recommend Vacation in Paris (www.VacationInParis.com) as a site. It is an American company, so you pay in dollars, with a credit card, and there are no language issues. You also don't have to wire money ahead into a bank account, or pay a huge security deposit, as some apartment rentals require. They have apartments all over Paris and are very reliable.

Posted by
8 posts

We had good success this fall with www.lodgis.com, and a few years ago with www.nyhabitat.com.
We decide which arrondissement we want to stay in to narrow our search, then look at price, features and specific location. Be sure to look at all the photos of prospective apartments, especially the kitchen and bathroom; it's been our experience that they're very faithful to what you'll get, so there's no surprises.

Posted by
10555 posts

I usually use vrbo.com or homeaway.com. Having an apartment is a great experience. You have more space vs. a small Parisian hotel room. You can prepare or at least eat some of your meals at "home" in an apartment. It saves us a lot of money to not have to eat all meals out. Many apartments have washers and some have dryers, so it makes it easier to pack light. Advantage to a hotel for a first time visitor is there is always someone there if you have any questions. I personally will take an apartment over a hotel any day!

Posted by
32 posts

Another recommendation for Vacation in Paris! We rented from them this past September and had a great experience. We are using them again this next fall, actually the same apartment as we loved the location in the 7th.

Posted by
2758 posts

We stayed in a apartment in Paris last fall and absolutely loved it. The hotels in Paris tend to be really tiny and expensive, so an apartment will give you more space at a lower cost. The bakeries in Paris are fantastic, so you can have a delicious breakfast in your apartment each morning for very little money. There are also lots of great places to get take out food, so you can eat very inexpensively for dinner too. You can cook or not cook, as you choose. We used Vacation in Paris and were very happy with them. You do have to pay in advance. We liked having the key before we left, and we got our deposit back promptly when we returned the key after we got home.

Posted by
2092 posts

A "pro" for getting a hotel room rather than an apartment is that hotels have someone to help for any questions and to visit with other tourists. Very handy for a first time visit. Frequently breakfast is providedalthough only during specific hours. Several "pros" for having an apartment is that you feel like you live there, you'll have more room and you can have breakfast whenever (& whatever) you want.
We used vacationinparis.com for our apartment last June and thoroughly enjoyed it. I appreciated that I was able to pre-pay the entire stay and have the key 2 weeks before we left for our trip. Just keep in mind that the original apartment you chose is the one you will get, you can't change your mind later when you realize that the apartment doesn't have a street-view, only a "courtyard" view. In spite of this we loved our apartment and highly recommend Vacation in Paris!

Posted by
39 posts

We too love the apartment experience. We have used www.holidays-france-rentals.com 6 times. Bernard is great, he represents apartments all over Paris. We have recommended HFR to several friends and all have been happy. We will be going back to Paris in May and will stay in one of his apartments. Good luck Doris
Shoreline, WA

Posted by
9436 posts

Parisnotes.com has a list of reputable apartment rental agencies. We've done both, apt and hotel, and liked both. I prefer staying in a hotel though, makes me feel more like I'm on vacation.

Posted by
1 posts

You're better to get an apartment in Cities like Paris because if you don't want to eat outside in a restaurant each night, you can go to one of the local markets and get some fantastic local food to cook yourself and save a ton on eating out all the time. Also getting an apartment is much more personal and private, there's no room service, but many of the apartment rental companies offer apartments with many of the services you will find in a hotel like WIFI or television, linens and shampoo provided etc. I travel to Europe a lot for business and there's a website I use which specifically deals with apartment rentals, the company is Dailyflats.com they have some fantastic accommodation deals in many european cities, including Paris. You should give them a try, their website is www.dailyflats.com, Bon Voyage!