Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Paris

Suggestions on which arrondissement?? Thinking near champs élysées or Latin quarter but would love input on best areas to rent an apt for week

Posted by
6501 posts

I'd suggest the Left Bank: 5th, 6th or 7th arrondissement if your budget allows. Generally the closer you are to the river, the closer to more major sights, and of course the more expensive. But you can save money by getting a little farther out as long as you're close to a Metro station. We had a very good place in the 14th near the Pernety Metro, in a nice neighborhood full of restaurants and the rue Daguerre street market, for a lot less than something comparable in, say, the 6th. The Champs Elysees is a great avenue to stroll on once (preferably downhill from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde) and window-shop. Otherwise, mostly you'll see overpriced restaurants and other tourists. Nearby apartments will be among the most expensive in the city. Not a good option IMHO unless you have some special reason to stay there. Latin Quarter is in the 5th arrondissement and a good value I think, lots to see and do, good Metro connections to anywhere and the RER B train from/to the airport. Many people swear by the Marais, in the 4th. I like the area very much but haven't stayed there.

Posted by
9420 posts

The 4th (Marais and Ile St. Louis), 5th (Latin Quarter) or 6th (St. Germain) arrondissements are my favorites, and as close to the river as possible, as Dick said. These 3 areas are the heart of Paris and the most fun imo. Ile St Louis (the little island east of Notre Dame) is my all time favorite neighborhood but I'd be happy anywhere in the 4th, 5th or 6th. Paris is a very walkable city overall, but easier to walk to the most amount of places you'll want to see from the 4th - 6th.

Posted by
475 posts

Thank you! I have been to Paris before but this is just the info I needed!