Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Paris

Me and a lot of family members are thinking of renting 2 apts. from Paris Holiday Apartments. One called the louvre and the other called Les Halles. Has anyone stayed at these or any apt With Paris Holiday Apartments?? They require a 40 percent down payment to hold the reservation. Before I send it I wanted to make sure they were OK. Their prices were the best we found. THANKS

Posted by
11507 posts

Jack you should post this on tripadvisor.com forums also, there are more likely to be mulitple replies there.. also did you just google for reveiws?

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks, I did look a whole lot on Google with NO results. Then I came to Rick Steves site. We use Rick Steves info for most of our travel activities. I will look check out the travel site you suggested. Thanks again,
Jack

Posted by
11507 posts

Jack, I use three or four websites /forums for travel, no one website has every feature or has the user flow I need for each trip or destination. RS site is great, I have been here for years, but one really has to cross check stuff like apartment references very thoroughly, all that money up front ( unlike most hotels) and usually non refundable too!!!

Posted by
2349 posts

I think perhaps that the apartments are not called "The Louvre" or "Les Halles" but that those are the areas that they are in. If you want everyone to be close, you'd want to get exact addresses and see how far apart the apartments are from each other.

Posted by
64 posts

Hi Jack! I too have reserved an apartment in Paris for later this year (for Christmas / New Years). I used vrbo.com to locate it, did you do the same? I spent a LOT of time researching the apartment, looking at reviews on vrbo.com and also on tripadvisor.com (enormously helpful!). Maybe you can see the apartment address on the listing and search for it? I'm very wary and cautious about sending off a hefty sum of money to hold an apartment overseas. I ended up going with an apartment run by a woman who actually lives in the States near me (the next major city over). If you're really worried I'd suggest placing the deposit via some secure method with some buyer protection (such as Paypal). Also check to see what sort of security deposits they require. The place I'm renting only required a "pre-authorization" form for my credit card for incidentals (not much unlike hotels). That eased my mind a lot considering a lot of places I looked at wanted a 500 euro deposit that wouldn't be refundable until AFTER I left and the apartment was checked. A totally reasonable procedure, but still made me queasy. Anyway, best of luck to you! Cathy

Posted by
87 posts

I second the recommendation to check on TripAdvisor. I googled "paris holiday apartments" reviews, and there were lots of reviews for specific apartments available. I hope this the the firm you were looking for and the reviews are helpful you. Happy travels!!

Posted by
1014 posts

Also try homelidays.com for apartment rentals. We have used them before and got what was listed. Be careful on any listing. Do not assume. If it is not listed, it probably is not there.