Please sign in to post.

Apartment in Berlin

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive apartment in Berlin that would be near transportation/U-Bahn links, or relatively central? Two adults will be going to be there Feb 11 - 14, roughly.

Posted by
5521 posts

I rented from Berlin Habitat (berlinhabitat.com) back in May/June. I stayed at the Capri apartment which was near the Rosenthaler Platz u-bahn. Everything was as advertised and the owner was very easy to deal with. I posted a review on Tripadvisor.

Posted by
295 posts

Do you want to be directly downtown, or in a quieter location? We spent seven weeks this summer in an apartment one block from the Hansaplatz Ubahn and Bellevue Sbahn stations. It's at the tip of Tiergarten, less than a block from the river walk downtown. I'll pass along trhe link if you're into a quieter location.

Posted by
67 posts

I don't mind a quieter location. Cost beats being downtown.

Posted by
295 posts

Here's where we stayed:
http://www.fewo-direkt.de/ferienwohnung-ferienhaus/p502724 The owner, Michael Hanstein, is a really wonderful man, but speaks little English. The apartment is on the second floor and has a balcony. It's not fancy, but the location is terrific - you can walk a block to the ubahn, or a block to the Sbahn. The S bahn is one stop from the hauptbanhof and two quick ones from Tiergarten (where the shopping district on Kudamm is). The Tiergarten is one block away for lovely evening walks, and the Spree is a half block away with a walkway that goes all the way downtown, about a mile (we bought bicycles and rode them there many evenings). There's a store at the ubahn station. Compare the price to other locations to help you decide, and whatever your choice have a wonderful time in Berlin!

Posted by
8 posts

We like staying in Kreuzberg because it is an interesting neighborhood which great access to both buses and the U-Bahn. In addition to the recommendations you have already had, you can use www.homeaway.com to check out available apartments in the area. Barbara