Please sign in to post.

Andorra

Has anyone visited Andorra for reasons other than skiing? Is it worth a visit and why? wayne iNWI

Posted by
8293 posts

Ed is right (as usual), there's nothing to see or do unless you just live to shop. The drive up there is fun, though.

Posted by
9110 posts

Go to three WalMarts and seven Dollar Stores in one day instead.

Posted by
2876 posts

You might find bargains at WalMart or a Dollar Store. You won't in Andorra. (We went there thinking we would.)

Posted by
1189 posts

Wow, thanks a lot. We don't shop much, House is already too full. Besides less to clean, that is the advantage of a small house. What about viewing the mountains while driving the area? Or should we do a day trip to see a museum or two in Barcelona? wayne iNWI

Posted by
6788 posts

I drove through Andorra heading from southern France to Barcelona. The mountains were quite pretty going over the pass. There was also some cute scenery here and there coming down the road from the pass, approaching the city, but the city itself was a charmless, traffic-clogged nightmare filled with what appeared to be frenzied Frenchmen and Spaniards rabidly in search of cheap junk. The analogy of Walmart seems apt - the place had a very sad, very low-end vibe that was a real buzzkill. We were glad to watch it recede in our rear view mirror. If it's right on your way and you want to bag another country (check it off you list of been there, done thats), and you don't mind sitting in traffic a while for the privilege of doing so, then it might be worth it. Otherwise, I would not go very far out of my way to experience it.