Please sign in to post.

Andalucia in November 2008

Never much on this sight about Spain. I am hoping that anyone can give me a good idea of what NOT to see while there. I don't want to waste and precious time. I will be there for 12 days. Are the clubs mainly for the younger crowds? Are there any tours that are a MUST? Please reply. Thanks!

Posted by
324 posts

Jackie, don't go to see a church unless you are interested in religious architecture, don't goo to a museum unless you are interested in art, don't go out for tapas unless you are interested in food...

Quite frankly, it would be much easier to offer advise if you defined your interests, where you will be, etc.

Re: clubs, once again, depends on the club, city, etc. There are clubs for just about any age group/musical interest. You just need to know where to look.

Posted by
4 posts

I would say that a visit to Granada is a must. The history and architecture at the Alhambra is amazing and the city itself is friendly and fun to stroll.

Posted by
1 posts

If you are looking to explore the historic side of Spain, avoid some of the beach towns in Andalusia and Costa del Sol(Marbella, Malaga, Fuengirola). In my opinion, they lack the charm that comes to mind when you think of Spain. They are flashy and very touristy. We made the mistake of renting a condo for a week in Marbella and spent all our time on the road because we hated the area. We spent two weeks in Andalusia and the highlights of our trip were the Alhambra in Granada, driving through the whitewashed towns (especially Ronda), and going to the bodegas in Jerez de la Frontera.