Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam hotels

Looking for suggestions on hotels or apartment for 3 nights prior to cruise. Should we stay close to where boats dock? I believe the docks are near the central station.

Posted by
9099 posts

There is a Movenpick hotel built into the cruise terminal, also nearby is the new Doubletree hotel. At Centraal Station there is a budget Ibis Hotel. There is a tram stop across from the terminal which will get you into the center of the city for sightseeing.

Posted by
516 posts

Any hotel in the center will be fine. Trams are cheap and run all around the city. If you could give me what $ range your looking for, it would help.

Posted by
20 posts

We always hope to keep around $100 but I think this is unrealistic in Amsterdam. I can keep hoping, though. Thanks.

Posted by
166 posts

Although a bit over your budget, I stayed at The Rho Hotel in 2012, adjacent to Dam Square and it was excellent!

For me good value for the price and location. Nice staff and super breakfast buffet included in the price as well.

http://www.rhohotel.com/

Should I make it back, it would be my 1st choice. Very close to the Centraal station, museums, cafes etc. Have a blast

Posted by
9099 posts

If you book well in advance via the RHO Hotel's website it shouldn't be a problem getting a rate of $100USD. I've done it a few times: http://www.rhohotel.com But be aware that most rooms don't have AC.

If you want AC check out the Avenue Hotel.

Posted by
8091 posts

Dottie:

I've always stayed out by the Olympic Stadium, however many B&B's have been sold as condos. Amsterdam hotel prices continue to increase, and some are out of sight.

I now use Booking.com to locate accommodations, as they service virtually every city in the modern world.

If I know where I'll be staying, I go to GoogleMaps.com and hit "+" twice magnifying the map. Every hotel in the area will pop up on the map and you can click on the icons to get into the hotel's website. It's easy to figure out which hotels are reasonably priced.

About 10 years ago, we had to stay out at Schiphol Airport one night. We found Hotel Schiphol, a business hotel, to be the nicest place we've ever stayed in Europe--and for a great price. The room just have been 800 square feet, with 3 leather couches. They have a free shuttle over to the airport where we caught the 12 minute train ride into Amsterdam's main train station. hotelschiphol.nl‎

Posted by
23177 posts

You can easily stay in Haarlem, ten minutes by train from Amsterdam central station and hit the 100E mark easy.