Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Hotel

the place we were going to pick is now full for June 2012. Looking for a new spot, 3 nights with my 21yr old son and myself. Thanks

Posted by
3551 posts

We loved Hotel Keisershof on the canal ,very central , extra clean,great brfasts great price in RS guidebk & kind owner.
I hope I can stay again. To get to most rooms they use a spiral staircase I hope that is OK w/ you.

Posted by
32325 posts

Janet, You might have a look at Hotel Acro. It's in a great location close to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum, and only a short walk from a Tram stop. They were renovating when I was there a few months ago, but the room was very comfortable and the staff were great. Happy travels!

Posted by
1976 posts

Check out the Quentin Arrive Hotel (3-night stay minimum, about 90 euros per night for a room for 2 people). I also stayed at Frederic Rent-A-Bike - they have a number of properties and the one where I stayed is called Frederic's Parents' Place.

Posted by
227 posts

We just got back from a stay at the Hotel Alexander - super nice neighborhood, wonderful owners and 5 min from Leidensplein and tram stops!

Posted by
143 posts

Try the Hotel Aalders. We stayed there about a year ago and loved it. It's about a block from both the Rijksmuseum and the VanGogh Museum, and very near a tram line that takes you quickly to Dam Square and also Centraal Train Station. The rooms were very good and the staff very accommodating. They also have a computer with free internet access. http://www.hotelaalders.nl/en/

Posted by
1014 posts

We did the Movenpick and loved it. Got it really cheap- 65E per night- using laterooms.com or Priceline.com, or maybe their website. I cannot remember which one. We booked the NH Hotel that is beside the floating Flower Market a couple of years ago and got a great rate. Priceline again or their website. Check for specials.

Posted by
676 posts

B&B Batavia. In a residential building, along a canal, about 10 min walk from Anne Frank House, about 10-15 from Centraal Station. Two rooms only, connecting door but can lock it, breakfast in room, owners live upstairs, very helpful/nice. Felt very safe there. You would probably need the bigger room, 104 euros. It was a lovely place, I've been there 3 times now.

Posted by
76 posts

Thanks to all. will ck out each one.
Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by
976 posts

We also got a bargain at the Movenpick on priceline last summer, tho it isnt near much, it is only one stop from Centraal Station and has A/C. Nice, tho expensive food. The Alexander in the summer was too warm for us, even with their teeny fan. Our usual spot is the nice quiet Hestia, (next to the Owl Hotel), behind the Marriott, near leidseplein.
Also have stayed at the Ibis at Centraal when changing planes/trains ( very preformed, but A/C). Used to like the Pulitzer but it's out of my range these days.