Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam

How many days do you guys recomend we stay in amsterdam on our 12 day trip. We like to party, smoke, and drink. Any clubs or attractions you think we'll enjoy? Are the people friendly and is there a language barrier? Thanks

Posted by
964 posts

I don't know about clubs and such, but in answer to your question about the people, the folks we have met have been friendly and there's been no problem with language.

Posted by
2788 posts

It would be most helpful if you would be more specific in your posting. "our 12 day trip" a breakdown of when you arrive where, what all you want to see, do you have any commitments for any of those 12 days yet? Have you ever been to Europe/Amsterdam before? I could easily spend 12 days headquartered in Amsterdam taking day trips to outlying sites if I had no interest is seeing other parts of Europe. Happy Travels charlie

Posted by
242 posts

Make sure you enjoy all the wonderful museums and history in Amsterdam in the mornings before partying :)

I don't know when you are going to be there, but the Van Gogh museum is teaming up the MoMA to bring Starry Night (and other paintings)to the Van Gogh museum for a few months starting in February.

Boom Chicago is an a comedy show that was started by Americans that is quite good and you have the opportunity to drink through out the show. I also believe you can pick up 10 euro tickets if you are willing to stand in line at noon on the day of the show.

The Heineken Experience has been recently redone and might make for an interesting afternoon. In addition you can sample the Dutch genever liquor at the House of Bols Cocktail and Genever Experience.

Posted by
1158 posts

Abraham,

You can party and drink anywhere in Europe. Smoking ? It depends what....
How would we know what clubs you would enjoy if we never met?
There is no language barrier in Holland, since it's considered an English speaking country.