Please sign in to post.

alternate accommodations Frankfurt & vicinity-May 2011

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for flat/house-type accommodations for 5 adults for 3-6 nights in the (very general) vicinity of Frankfurt. We plan to have 2 German bases, the other being in Munich, this one for exploring some of the Rhine, Baden-Baden, Rothenburg odT, visiting relatives in Heilbronn. I have tried vrbo.com, homelidays.com, homeaway.com & looked everywhere from Koblenz south to Stuttgart & east to Nurnberg & am just not finding much if anything. I have found plenty of flats/houseboats/houses & the like on these sites for this & other trips in Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Munich area, but am striking out here. Does anyone have additional recommendations?

Posted by
693 posts

You could try this website - it lists vacation apartments (Ferienhaeuser/Ferienwohnungen) in Hesse (Hessen). I looked at the Frankfurt one that says up to 14 persons - there are five apartments in the house, some for up to four people. The square footage is 35 square meters - that's pretty small. They're on the outskirts of Frankfurt. Look under Regionen for different areas of Hessen. Do you have a German speaker in your group? This website is in German. http://www.traum-ferienwohnungen.de/europa/deutschland/hessen.htm

Posted by
101 posts

Thanks, Anna & Jo- very helpful suggestions!