Please sign in to post.

Alhambra tickets?

I am planning to spend 4 days in Granada the end of Sept and just went online to the ticketmaster.es website and they are already sold out for the days we will be there. Is there any other way to get tickets or are we totally out of luck?

Posted by
984 posts

1. Ask your accommodation if they are able to assist. There is a small allocation for the unprepared. If they are willing, specify whether morning or afternoon and your Nasrid entry time. 2. As you are there for four days there are permutations of bono cards giving entry to the Alhambra and other 'sites' and museums, which might work for you.
3. Queue up early in the morning (0730 hours seems to be the 'wisdom'), the balance of the small allocation I mention at 1. may or will be available, first come, first served. Come on back if you need more help.

Posted by
12172 posts

Rick Steve's book has excellent advice on getting tickets to Alhambra. We normally travel with no set itinerary so couldn't lock in a time before we got to Granada. Using Rick's advice, we tried a bookstore without luck (not even for a night entry). Following the advice in the book, we then tried a Kiosk down the road that sold a pass covering admission to lots of sights with a handheld audio guide. Like you, we planned on seeing more sights than just the Alhambra, so it worked out well. I often fault Rick for not covering more areas in his books, but the parts he covers, he covers better than most guides.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks! We decided to try for night passes to the palaces (Rick suggests that) and they are available although going fast. For some reason now, the website doesn't seem to be letting me buy them at all. Ugh!!! Hopefully its just a computer glitch and I'll have it figured out before the tickets are gone.

Posted by
2091 posts

Deborah, did you call your cc to make sure they would authorize an international transaction? Sometimes I've had to call several times for a single transaction or actually purchase while I had them on the line.

Posted by
148 posts

Quoting my guidebook:
If you arrive in Spain without previously reserving tickets online at www.alhambra- tickets.es (the Servi Caixa ticket purchasing system), and you have no computer access to do so, you can go to any La Caixa bank in Spain and purchase tickets from their terminals located inside the bank. La Caixa banking hours are Monday - Friday from 8:15 - 2:30.

Posted by
148 posts

According to Tripadvisor, those who couldn'te to buy tickets to the Alhambra because they were sold out can buy a Bono Turístico Granada Card. It allows entry to the Alhambra. The 3 day adult ticket costs 33.50 euros (as of May, 2013).