Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Vienna

Traveling to Vienna the beginning of June. Many hotels are already booked. Do any of you have any favorites to recommend? Many thanks!

Posted by
655 posts

Check eurocheapo.com and in particular Hotel Stephanie. We found the Sephanie to be a convienent and comfortable hotel at a good price. Also, crosscheck with tripadvisor.com.

Posted by
1565 posts

Have you checked Pension Pertschy? We've stayed there twice (2004 and in 2010). Terrific location, great staff, nice rooms.

Posted by
811 posts

If there are just two of you traveling, you may also want to consider Priceline.com. We used it last year and ended up at Le Meridien (across the street and down a block from the Opera House) for a total cost of $104/night. A site we used beforehand was www.betterbidding.com, which gave us an idea of which properties we were likely to get - and we were thrilled with our result.

Posted by
517 posts

On a couple of occassions, people who have visited us have stayed at Hotel Regina across from Schotten Tor. They gave it a good review and said it was reasonably priced.

Posted by
95 posts

We were in Vienna just 5 days ago. We stayed at Pension Nossek. I am with my 2 sisters and daughter. When my husband and I return, we will stay there. It was lovely!

Posted by
2193 posts

I'll recommend Pension Suzanne, which is centrally located about a half block from the opera house. Check tripadvisor for reviews and photos...it's highly-rated and inexpensive. The building façade is nothing to write home about, but go through the doors and up the stairs...the hotel itself is actually sort of elegant but definitely not luxurious or expensive. It's been a few years since I was there, so again, check tripadvisor for the latest reviews. If nothing has changed, I would stay there again tomorrow. Good luck! http://www.pension-suzanne.at/english/index_2.htm

Posted by
148 posts

I "second" the Pension Nossek. Rooms are good sized and clean. Nothing fancy. Breakfast is buffet (small) style, but fresh. The location is fantastic, 5 min walk from St Stephens on the Graben. So, if you have a short stay everything on your "to do" list will be in walking distance. But you pay for the location; it is not inexpensive. And, cash only, no credit cards. I stayed there in April and it is a good spot, especially for a first-time visitor. Staff is very freindly.