Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Munich

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for lodging Munich in May.
We are a party of two without a car. Looking to stay in a small affordable hotel or B&B within walking distance of Munich attractions. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences

Posted by
19100 posts

I've have a list of accommodations in Munich that have been recommended on this site. It's near the bottom of this page. If you want to be within "walking distance" of Munich attractions, I would suggest you stay around Marienplatz. But realistically, the S-Bahn from the Hbf to Marienplatz only takes a couple of minute. You can't go wrong anywhere in downtown.

Posted by
296 posts

I agree with Lee: I would suggest you stay around Marienplatz. But realistically, the S-Bahn from the Hbf to Marienplatz only takes a couple of minute. In that one does not have to stay in Marienplatz proper for the S-Bahn (as he states) takes just as few minutes from the Hbf. We stayed right across the street from the Hbf last June for $100/night including a very good breakfast. No a/c but we didn't need it for in 5 days we never saw the sun and it was very cold. But it didn't stop the beer garden activity. Alive and well it was.

Posted by
132 posts

I would suggest Hotel Munchner Kindl. It is within walking distance of all Munich attractions. We 1st learned about it from the Rick Steves guidebook about 10 years ago but I must say that the guide book does not do it justice. We stay there everytime we go there (about 6 times - the last time was for the 2010 Octoberfest in Munich).

Posted by
2 posts

I don't know how trustworthy Trip Advisor is, but when I was looking for lodging in Munich recently, the Hotel Munchner Kindl has a posting that claims to have bedbugs. Haven't been there, so I don't know for sure.

Posted by
132 posts

I saw it but I wouldn't trust it. I came across the same type of postings when I was looking for a hotel in France and even when I was researching the Borgata Hotel, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. I recently saw a news show that interviewed a hotel person who admitted that he posts such fradulent reviews about the competition. Don't let it deter you.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the bedbug update. I hated reading that -- and, of course, today bedbugs are the dreaded scourge. That was the only posting that made the comment. If it were true, I'm sure that there would have been multiple postings.