Please sign in to post.

Accommodations in Alsace

We are renting a car in Strasbourg and are looking for a quaint, inexpensive (under 100 euros), place to stay for a couple of nights. Does anyone have any "must stays" to suggest? Looking at Chez Leslie in Colmar, Hotel le Sarment d'Or in Riquewihr or, Madame Bombgender in Eguisheim but, completely open for other suggestions. Please reply. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Posted by
83 posts

Hi, Peg. We stayed four nights in Colmar during the middle of October. We had an apartment in the old part of Colmar very convenient to walking the old town. It was also a great location for doing the Route de Vin which includes Riquewihr, Eguisheim, etc. This apartment had two bedrooms and one bath with a large kitchen (for Europe) and living room. There is no parking nearby but we parked in the free lot close to the tourist information office and could just walk to the apartment. It is also possible to drive to very close to the apartment and drop off/pick up luggage.We used the Monoprix grocery store which is on the way to the apartment from the parking lot. You will love this area of France. Hope this is helpful. You can find info on this apartment at Homelidays.com and the reference number is 301131.

Posted by
1914 posts

We are staying at Au Caveau du Vieux Pressoir which I found on trip advisor. Don't know how it will be, but it got good reviews and is in a small village which is what we were looking for.

Posted by
105 posts

Thank you so much for the advice, I will check it out. Have not had much sucess navigating the visit-alsace.com site for Chambres d'Hotes. Will try again though...thanks! And sorry about the repeat question. My computer has been on the "blink" and couldn't tell if the others had been posted.

Posted by
32212 posts

Peg, I stayed at This Hotel in Colmar several months ago, and would certainly recommend it! However, I'm not sure what type of parking facilities they offer, as I was travelling by train. Their prices seem to be in the range you specified. Colmar is a wonderful smaller town, and provides a good selection of restaurants and other facilities. I really enjoyed my visit to the Unterlinden Museum. Happy travels!

Posted by
105 posts

Ken,
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like something worth looking into. My husband really wants to be somewhere that has some night life. The b & b's seem to be a bit farther out but, really enjoy the feeling of being in a "real life" accommodation. Will go to the website now and check it out. Thanks again! Peg

Posted by
32212 posts

Peg, What type of "night life" are you most interested in? Colmar is a smaller city, so the night life seems to be centred mostly around the restaurants, etc. I really enjoyed wandering around in the evenings just enjoying the ambience (some of the street entertainers were great!). Colmar also has some canals, so it's nice to sit in one of the "Riparian" restaurants and watch small boats with passengers floating by (and of course a few Swans). Happy travels!

Posted by
105 posts

Excatly the type of night-life I meant...just restaurants and nice walks. Thanks so much. Do you know anything about Riquewihr?