Please sign in to post.

a place to stay in munich

Any suggestions on where to stay in Munich March 31st - April 6th for less than 100 euros/night?

Posted by
19227 posts

You can probably find lots of places for less than 100 Euro, single. Double might be more difficult (but doable). How many people?

I know of one place that's about 20 minutes out of town on the S-Bahn and about €80 for two, but they only speak German.

The rate at any hotel varies a lot depending on whether there is a trade show or at Oktoberfest.

The advertised base rate at Hotel Royal is €89 double. Hotel Royal is a few blocks east of the Hbf.

Posted by
28 posts

Hi,

Just stayed at Litty's Hotel last week in Munich I paid 82 euros per night with breakfast included and ensuite. It is close to Hpf and Marienplatz. Rick Steves recommends it also. Clean rooms and quiet.

Posted by
28 posts

PS....that was for a double, my single was only 58 euros per night....

Posted by
19227 posts

The table of rates on the Uhland website, which shows a single at €69, also says at the top of the Table, "Please check below the exclusion dates for the offers on this page". April 2-4 is excluded from that rate.

I was in Munich at this time some years ago, and there was a fashion convention in town. Almost everything was booked. We got rooms in a hotel (mentioned previously) on an S-Bahn line in the 2nd transit zone. That hotel doesn't raise their rates (currently €54 for a single) for special occasions, but they are a ways from town (25 min) and don't speak English.