Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam hotels

My bride to be and I are going to be in Amsterdam for 2 nights. The main sites we plan on seeing are the Van Gogh museum, Heineken factory and Anne Frank's house, and we will of course wander around the Red Light District at night. What hotels would you recommend for around 100 euro per night? Thanks

Posted by
281 posts

The Owl is quite nice and within walking distance of most of the sights you want to see. It is 130 Euros per night for a double with ensuite facilities, but very worth it. The have a very congenial staff. View more info on the web at:

http://www.owl-hotel.nl

Many members of our family have stayed at this hotel for more than 20 years, and we keep going back because of how pleasant it is.

Kevin

Posted by
3551 posts

Hotel keizershof is wonderful and close to all. More like a B&B than a hotel and right on canal. Owner is wonderful also in RS guidebook. book fast, sometimes 3 nights are required.

Posted by
8 posts

We stayed a week at Hotel Di-Ann on Raadhuisstraat. It is about 1 block from the Anne Frank home, and has a wonderful restaurant below on the corner (try the lasagna: it's fantastic). It's very close to the main train station, and has a grocery store just a block away. The steps are VERY steep, but worth the locale. You can get them at www.diann.nl

Posted by
875 posts

We stayed at the 't Hotel on Leliegracht last year, and it was very nice. It's only a block or two from the Anne Frank House. We were very pleased with the accommodations and breakfast.
Depending upon the dates you are visiting, there are rooms available in your price range.

Posted by
334 posts

We enjoyed Hotel Brouwner on Singel canal. Small, family run, with big rooms (our's was a huge room with bath and wonderful windows over the canals). Two years ago it was 90 Euro. It is popular (and small), so book ahead.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks for all the responses. Since we're going in summer, Hotel Leliegracht is a bit out of our price range. As far as the others, I'm looking into them and still waiting for emails back from some of them.

Posted by
6788 posts

We also stayed at the Hotel Brouwer (correct spelling - no "n"), listed in Rick's book, and absolutely loved it. It's not cheap - but cheap options in Amsterdam are few. Charming, historic and authentic (built in 1652 - very steep stairs and creaky wooden floors), very friendly ownership, perfect location. When we go back, we'll definitely stay there again.

Have fun!

Posted by
3 posts

My husband and I were in Amsterdam in November. I don't know when you will be going but, FYI, the Heineken Factory is closed for renovations until May. Also, I highly ecommend if you go to Anne Frank's House, you get there early: the line gets to be pretty long. Awesome city though: would love to go back again.

Posted by
818 posts

We loved Hotel Brouwer. What a great place. So charming - great location! I think we paid 90 Euros/night.