Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Hotel

My wife and I are going to be on a Spain/Portugal tour--our first night is at the Catalonia Albinoni in Barcelona. We want to arrive a day early and were quoted 170 euro. Does anyone know the part of Barcelona this hotel is in and whether there are any "budget" hotels nearby? Thanks!

Posted by
769 posts

Hi Bob - Im going on that tour as well (one of the early ones)... I just booked a single for 1 night before also - for 149 euro - they first quoted me 171 - but then reconfirmed the 149 as shown on their web as a single. It is probably still a double room. (dont forget their VAT is added - 7%?) So 170 double is fine.

If you go to their website they have a map - its right downtown near the Placa Catalunya...
click on their website: http://www.hoteles-catalonia.com/es/planos/bcn/index.html
and on the right side - click "PLANO DE SITUACIÓN" for the MAP.

Posted by
4555 posts

The hotel's on a pedestrian street just off the upper part of the Ramblas, very close to El Triangle, the "center" of Barcelona at Placa de Catalunya where the airport buses stop, where there's a large park, and where there's a big tourist info center. A nice area, and central to just about everything in Barcelona, or the transportation links to get to it. I doubt whether you'd find the same kind of "atmosphere" or location at a 3-star in Barcelona for anything less. But I usually stay in "hostals" instead of full-scale hotels.